One night, many moons ago, I stopped typing. A realisation had just hit me like a freight train:
I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. But I didn’t take enough care to specify what kind of writer I wanted to be.
I’d almost finished bashing out a 54,000-word report for a client. It was 2 am. Deadline was just after breakfast.
I’ve been working to rectify my direction ever since.
Finally, after listening to my (he)art, I found coherence. If you don’t find what you’re after on this site, please email me to let me know. I’ll respond to you within 24 hours.
Hi, my name is Leticia Mooney. Ngai nari Leticia Kartanya Mooney. I live and work on Kaurna land, and acknowledge its traditional (and actual) owners.
I’m an author, ghostwriter, consultant, and artist.
Jump to a section
- Books (author)
- Books (editor)
- Visit my shop
- Follow me online
- Music Journalism 101
- Life readings
- Music Journalism 101 (as Leticia Supple)
- The Art of Postcard Writing: 25 tips for better (short!) travel writing (as Leticia Supple)
- Brilliant Blawgs: A playbook for creating and maintaining strategic blogs that clients & prospects love
- The Ultimate Guide to Project Management for Creatives
- Demonic Possession is Viral: Infection of the masses (as Gabriele Francis)
- Forthcoming Woman as Artist
Sleeman, Jesse. Cry for Health (volume 1: Health, the casualty of modern times). Indie.
Sage, Helen. A Flower Between the Cracks. (Affirm Press).
Schioldann, Johan. A history of the introduction of lithium into medicine and psychiatry. (Adelaide Academic Press).
Visit my shop
In my shop you’ll find subscriptions, fiction, and other fun things. It’s on Gumroad.
BOOKS please visit my Amazon author page
When I’m not writing, I’m a consultant and coach to businesses and leaders.
My consultancy was established as Brutal Pixie Pty Ltd in 2013, and rebranded to Leticia Mooney Pty Ltd in 2022.
The company formerly known as Brutal Pixie Pty Ltd delivers a range of communications-related consulting services. For more information about the services that I offer as of 2022, please read the Services page.
Previous businesses I’ve started (or acquired) include Brascoe Publishing, Adelaide Academic Press, Metal as Fuck, and AnySpace Global.
I wrote Music Journalism 101: The first book on the mechanics of Rock Journalism.
This book emerged from my work mentoring writers at Metal as Fuck, which was an online metal magazine that I conceived, built, and ran from 2007-2010.
By our second year we had thousands of followers on Twitter, and hundreds and hundreds of fans on Facebook. We were the first Australian music magazine to be on the ground in major European festivals like Bloodstock, Summer Breeze, Party.San, and Wacken.
Many of my past writers and photographers I adore, and many of us remain in contact. All of them are still kicking ass:
- Alan Baxter (Aus) is a fabulous author
- Crushtor (Aus) now runs I Sell Words and edits Hysteria
- Sam Radocjin (Aus) works for Metropolis Touring
- Hellblazer (Aus) is producing incredible urban and music photography (and now has two books)
- Claire Robinson-Ayres (UK) is a book blogger and freelance writer
- Mike Dee (UK) is doing rad things in digital media
- Goatlady (Aus) is living the dream as a digital nomad, based in Germany these days
- Vikingfist (US) now plays in four bands
- Joe Henley (Taiwan) is a fabulous author
- … the list goes on!
I sold Metal as Fuck to Radar Media in 2010, and it’s passed through several hands since that time. Don’t ask me who has it now or even whether it’s still functioning!
I ghostwrite because I love other people’s stories.
In a fluctuating digital world in which nothing is truly kept safe, capturing your life (and knowledge) is critical for human development.
Capturing others’ stories has been deeply important to me ever since I first dipped my toe into rock journalism. Now, I see the world losing its grip on its own histories. There are generations of children growing up with the shifting sands of the internet, filled with inconsistencies, inaccuracies and memory-holes.
The types of ghostwriting I provide include:
- history, including oral history services for clubs and communities
- “difficult subjects”, including crime, victims of crime, fraud, political prisoners, and people vs government.
I read Tarot and can show you the Way.
Way-show-er. /noun/ Person who shows the way.
I am trained in the fine magick of Tarot.
Tarot is not the cards; Tarot is an entity that speaks through the language of cards. I am in effect reading you, is possessed by you, and the cards simply enable this intimate and personal exchange to be understood.
Tarot is irreligious, singular, and powerful, and will show you what’s ahead on your path.
Leticia can also create and interpret Pythagorean Numerology charts. This oracle surfaces the patterns in your life, enables you to understand yourself better, and thus to optimise your life.
I do other things, too. Look at my Services page for details.
There’s a full list there of the exact services that I offer, and how to access them. They include consulting, editing, and even wargaming. You read that right! Discover more here.